breakfast is so so so important! however, my boyfriend and i aren’t morning people, so i made these (healthier) muffins for a grab n’ go breakfast.
[MAKES 8 MUFFINS]
these muffins just taste like strawberries. i promise you can’t taste the coconut oil AT ALL. they are really, SUPER delicious! and guys, i’m so sorry i didn’t take step by step pictures like usual. i completely spaced it! but here goes:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil **
1/3 cup organic milk
1 cup pureed strawberries
1/4 cup softened butter
**if you don’t have or want to use coconut oil, substitute with 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- grease muffin pan or use cupcake liners
- combine flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and mix
- add in softened butter, milk and coconut oil (you will have to microwave the coconut oil for about 45 seconds to make it a liquid)
- mix, mix, mix!
- fold in strawberry puree (i thawed my frozen strawberries and put them in a mini food processor)
- fill muffin cups to the TOP
- bake for 20-25 minutes
let cool & enjoy!